January 25- Traditional Chinese Medicine

Once the initial shock wore off I plunged into research head first. The more articles I read on Premature Ovarian Failure, the more depressing it got. With every page I'd find phrases like, "No treatment" and "donor egg" staring back at me as if to say give up. No way. I look at it this way... They say that 1% of women get POF, and women with POF have a 6-8% chance of getting pregnant... Well if I'm one of the 1% who got this horrid disorder, aren't my odds even higher to get pregnant?? I don't know, I've never been a Math whiz, but it sounds to me like I stand a chance, however small it may be.

Meanwhile a friend of mine recommended a Traditional Chinese Medicine Dr. who helped her conceive when fertility clinics told her it couldn't happen. (Different diagnosis, but lack of hope just the same). So I immediately made an appointment and got in the same day. Hey, I'm willing to try anything! I immediately shifted my research to TCM for POF and for the first time since my diagnosis felt a glimmer of hope. I found actual success stories of women with my condition who after TCM (some in months, some in a year or two) who went on to get pregnant naturally. It was then I knew I made the right decision to make the appointment. Besides, what did I have to lose?

My appointment with Dr. Fu was interesting. She was extremely thorough with the intake, asking me TONS of questions. She asked me what my hormone levels were and I looked in my phone for the saved email from the fertility Dr. who sent me my numbers upon request. They read as this:
FSH: 133    Estrodiol: <20    AMH: 01.6
When I read them off to Dr. Fu she looked puzzled. She said for AMH 1.6 isn't THAT bad. But if it was 0.16- that is a different story. It made me wonder why the Dr. wrote in that zero the way he did, and before I got too excited I knew I'd have to contact him and double check on that.

Dr. Fu spent about 45 minutes talking to me during the initial intake. After listening to my situation and thoroughly looking over my intake form, she gave me a diagnosis from an Eastern Medicine perspective. Kidney Yin Deficiency and Stagnant Blood Qi (pronounced "Chi"). She then went on to explain the difference between Eastern and Western medicine philosophies. While Western looks at each body part individually, Eastern uses a much more holistic approach. Therefore she considered my Premature Ovarian Failure as a symptom, not the cause. She also explained that "Kidney" in Chinese Medicine does not mean the single organ as it does in Western terms. It refers to an entire system, one of which the reproductive system is a part of.
What really blew my mind was how all these other random issues I've had over the years were apparently connected! (Frequent urination, especially at night- which I actually had checked years ago and they came up with nothing; body running hot all the time; tinnitus- ringing in ears; insomnia; excessive thirst at night; quick pulse; trouble concentrating-I've always had severe ADHD; occasional night sweats... all of these issues I've always dealt with on and off thinking they were separate things, but combined they are symptoms of Kidney Yin Deficiency! Throw in irritability; anxiety; poor circulation-cold hands & feet; and amenorrhea-lack of menstruation... and there lies the Stagnant Blood Qi, which is stated in TCM can be brought on by long-term use of oral contraceptives. Ummm 17 years much?

At this point I was floored. This brought my diagnosis into a whole new light. All the things Dr. Fu was saying made sense, as if she was holding a missing piece to my puzzle. The next step was the acupuncture. As I laid down on the table, she went into detail how acupuncture works and what role it will play in my treatment. First things first, the goal shall be to get my period back. Because before I can even think about getting pregnant, I have to ovulate in order for that to be possible. Acupuncture works in the way that the tiny prick of each little needle stimulates just below the surface of the skin, triggering blood cells to swarm to that area. It gets the blood circulating. So with one needle at the top of my head and forehead, one in each hand and foot, and several over my reproductive area, the blood with be stimulated to flow throughout my body with a focus on the part that is stuck. She also added a heat lamp shining over that area to promote even more circulation and let me know she'd be back in about a half hour. She shut the light, left the room, and I almost instantly fell asleep. It's rare for me to fall asleep that easily, but I think I felt some sort of peace and comfort being there.
After 30 minutes Dr. Fu came back and took the needles out (which the needles don't hurt at ALL, btw). She had mixed a special concoction of lots of herbs- specifically for my condition with the aim of getting my body to begin producing its own hormones again- to be taken mixed with water three times daily. Right-o! I'm all about natural stuff over pharmaceutical crap any day!

I left feeling good. In positive spirits. The first thing I did though was email the fertility Dr. to double check on the AMH number that was written weird. Sure enough I got an email back the next day saying my AMH was 0.16 ...so it wasn't actually 01.6, it had been a typo. A misplaced decimal point. For a little dot it sure makes a big difference, certainly enough to knock the wind out of my
sails a bit. I called Dr. Fu to let her know the error. Unlike other Dr.'s offices, I was able to talk to her immediately. She said, "oh, that's very low." My heart sank. But she ended by saying we will still try and let's focus on getting my period back. That there are no guarantees, but it is still possible.

And with that I felt a little renewed, determined to make it happen.


Some links to info on TCM for POF:

http://www.acuforconception.com/Conditions/Medical_Research/Medical_Research_POF.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12956293/

http://ezinearticles.com/?Overcome-Infertility---Premature-Ovarian-Failure-In-Traditional-Chinese-Medicine-Perspective&id=3186728

28 comments:

  1. My RE never told me specifics about what my levels were but did diagnose me with POF. My acupuncturist said they same to me about Kidney yin deficiency and blood stagnation. Reading your story gives me even more hope! How long did you receive acupuncture treatments... maybe I will get to that point I just started reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Hello there again... so I was just curious (as I am re reading your entire blog) How long were you on all of the natural supplements, acupuncture etc etc? The reason I ask is that I have my first appointment with an RE next Tuesday and I expect he'll want to re test my blood work and I've been on my herbs & castor oil packs for the past month, lost 20 pounds since Feb and acupuncture since November. I guess I'm hoping that my numbers will have improved lol and I was looking to your blog to see what your time frame was :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bethany,

      Good to hear from you again. Believe it or not I was only on all the acupuncture, herbs and supplements for three months -which was between the initial diagnosis and when I got retested on April 20th. That was where my numbers drastically dropped and 9 days later I ovulated with two eggs and got pregnant. I had wanted to get my numbers tested again sooner, but I had heard it's best to be on all the alternative stuff at least three months for it to be enough time for it to really make a difference.

      Please keep me posted as to how your numbers are as soon as you find out!!!

      Delete
    2. Hello there! I am currently doing acupuncture and just purchased many of the supplements you suggested today. During those 3 months, how often we're your acupuncture treatments? Thanks!

      Delete
  3. My name is sara jo Alright I have a question well I'm 26 and was diagnosed with pot I have not had my own cycle since I was 17 and just had my first acupuncture last week and started three herbs we have tried hormone therapy and even a round of injections and still no luck how long were you with out a cycle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all thanks for share your personal experience. Meditation and Ayurvedic pregnancy medicine are the best always without side effect. Its Good to Know now a days women are feel secure after getting so much support from Govt. and Family.Even in organizations are gave them Seek leave for long days during Pregnant period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I love following your story! I was diagnosed at 15 and now creeping on 27 I have serious baby fever as well as this emotional roller coaster. What herbs did the tcm doc start you on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hii..what about u..have u conceived with tcm treatment or not...I have also POF.. so I want to start tcm if it is effective..,

    ReplyDelete
  7. as for the rest of us we have to start as soon as we realize wanting a healthy pregnancy, means that we have to start living healthy asap! In Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com) You can also whatsApp them at: at +44-75967-81743 (WhatsApp Only) .. and inform them Leah Brown addressed to you ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.. is the treatment
    expensive for POF at TCM?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really appreciate the Great Prophet for making me bear a child after 12 years of my marriage, i taught all hope was lost and my husband's family hated me because of not being able to get them a grandchild. Thanks to the Great Prophet for making me happy again. You can contact him on Email ; @ j a m e s c r a f t o n 5 @ g m a i l . c o m or WhatsApp @ +2 3 4 8 1 2 9 1 7 5 8 4 8. He can be of great help and I will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man?

    ReplyDelete
  11. With the help of a man called Dr.Ogbes I was able to get pregnant. i'm 56years of age, it was really difficult for me to pregnant though my husband loves me but it was really hurting me not having my own child but after many years I came across Dr.Ogbes whose email address is Landofanswer@hotmail.com or you reach him direct on his cell phone number +2347050270227 he told me he is going to send me a Herbs for me to drink, and will fall pregnant a week after drinking the Herbs i'm 7months pregnant now and also I will like to advice everyone looking for help to get pregnant to contact this very man via his email address at Landofanswer@hotmail.com or call him on his cell phone number +2347050270227.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was reading your article and wondered if you had considered creating an ebook on this subject. Your writing would sell it fast. You have a lot of writing talent. tcm singapore recommend

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got cured from PCOS and got pregnant after 8 years of marriage using Dr. Ogbes herbs. Contact Dr. Ogbes today on Landofanswer@hotmail.com or write him here on face book Pregnancy Care. i got pregnant after using the herbal for 21 days. or WhatsApp +2347050270227

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have made a promise that I will make sure everyone who is finding difficulty in getting pregnant must contact this great man who sent me herb to help cure my BLOCKED TUBE. I thank God for making this possible and I know there are lots of women out there who has been to many doctors and they tell you you are doing fine but you still can't get pregnant, then you need to contact him via whatsapp +38972751056 OR ededetemple@gmail.com or Words can't express how happy I am. I'm forever indebted to you Dr. Edede. Thanks again. Contact him for help if you have problem with:
    *Lupus
    *Irregular period
    *Pcos
    *Fibroid and cysts
    *Blocked falllopian tube
    *Miscarriage
    *Vagina discharge
    *Breast discharge etc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Through this miami acupuncture , the whole family are very thankful that it was recommended to us. My sister got pregnant because of the treatment, me and my mother experience a lower back pain before, but now we are okay and pain free from lower back pain.

    ReplyDelete
  16. With the help of a man called Dr.Ogbes I was able to get pregnant. i'm 56years of age, it was really difficult for me to pregnant though my husband loves me but it was really hurting me not having my own child but after many years I came across Dr.Ogbes whose email address is Landofanswer@hotmail.com or you reach him direct on his cell phone number +2347050270227 he told me he is going to send me a Herbs for me to drink, and will fall pregnant a week after drinking the Herbs i'm 7months pregnant now and also I will like to advice everyone looking for help to get pregnant to contact this very man via his email address at Landofanswer@hotmail.com or call him on his cell phone number +2347050270227.

    ReplyDelete
  17. With the help of a man called Dr.Ogbes I was able to get pregnant. i'm 56years of age, it was really difficult for me to pregnant though my husband loves me but it was really hurting me not having my own child but after many years I came across Dr.Ogbes whose email address is Landofanswer@hotmail.com or you reach him direct on his cell phone number +2347050270227 he told me he is going to send me a Herbs for me to drink, and will fall pregnant a week after drinking the Herbs i'm 7months pregnant now and also I will like to advice everyone looking for help to get pregnant to contact this very man via his email address at Landofanswer@hotmail.com or call him on his cell phone number +2347050270227.

    ReplyDelete
  18. After many years of marriage with a wonderful husband no child until God use Dr.Ogbes to help me with his roots and herbs , first i thought the testimonies i see about Dr.Ogbes how he help women to conceive was not real but now i have confirm it my self with full assurance there is nothing God can not do thank you once again Dr.Ogbes for your help.you can email him or call via>>> landofanswer@gmail.com or call +2347050270227.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was married for 8years with out any child,because of this my husband start acting very strange at home,coming home late and not spending time with me any more.So i became very sad and lost in life because my doctor told me there is no way for me to get pregnant this really make life so hard for me and my family.my sister in law told me about dr oseiboh from the Internet,how he has helped people with this similar problem that i am going through so i contacted him and explain to him.he cast a spell for me and it was a miracle two days later my husband can back to apologize for all he has done and told me he is fully ready to support me in any thing i want,few month later i got pregnant and gave birth to twins (girls) we are happy with ourselves.All thanks to dr oseiboh for saving my relationship and for also saving others too. continue your good work, If you are interested to contact him and testify this blessings like me, the great spell caster email. droseiboh12@gmail.com add him on whatsapp line or call +2347017565415.

    ReplyDelete
  20. With the help of a man called Dr.Ogbes I was able to get pregnant. I'm 56years of age, it was really difficult for me to pregnant though my husband loves me but it was really hurting me not having my own child but after many years I came across Dr.Ogbes whose email address is Landofanswer@hotmail.com or you reach him direct on his cell phone number +2347050270227 he told me he is going to send me a Herbs for me to drink, and will fall pregnant a week after drinking the Herbs I'm 7months pregnant now and also I will like to advice everyone looking for help to get pregnant to contact this very man via his email address at Landofanswer@hotmail.com or call him on his cell phone number +2347050270227.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want to share a great testimony on this website on how great Priest Babaka help me in falling pregnant,me and my husband have been trying to have a baby for over 4years, but they where no luck so we decided to contact the family doctor and after all the test have been done,he said to us that my fallopian tube is not functioning.then one day i was in the office when a friend of mine who have the same problem with me, fall pregnant after she contacted Priest Babaka .she directed me to him and when i contacted him through his email and he did the purification on the pregnancy spell and i used his herbal remedy , in 2weeks time i was feeling some how and i went to meet the family doctor who told me that i am pregnant.if you know that you have a similar problem like this, or any fertility issue and you want to be pregnant you can contact Priest Babaka via Email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want to use this means to let the world know that all hope is not lost Getting pregnant after having tubes clamped and burned, I know IVF and Reversal could help but the cost is way too high, i couldn't afford it either and i so desire to add another baby to my family been trying for 5 years, not until i came across Priest Babaka, who cast a pregnancy/Fertility spell for me and i use his herbal remedy/medication and i got pregnant. l hope that women out there who are going through the same fears and worries l went through in GETTING PREGNANT , will find your contact as i drop it here on this site, and solution will come to them as they contact you. Thank you and God bless you to reach him email via: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete
  23. DR KADUKA IS THE ONLY SPELL CASTER YOU NEED TO GET YOUR SOLUTION

    I was hurt and heart broken when a very big problem occurred in my marriage seven months ago, between me and my husband . so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce. he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the Email address of the spell caster whom he visited. KADUKATEMPLE@GMAIL.COM. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day. What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me, and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past 7 months, gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back. So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, i will advice you out there if you have any problem contact Dr KADUKA, i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you.. Email him at: KADUKATEMPLE@GMAIL.COM ,or whatsapp call him on +393511406759 ,and i lives in United Kingdom. Thank you sooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello to the world, I'm Jennifer Budgie from the UK After being in relationship with my husband for years, he broke up with me. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused.I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spellcaster called Dr KADUKA that could help me cast a spell to bring him back in 12 or 24hrs,I had no choice than to try it,i email the spellcaster,Dr KADUKA and he assured me there was no problem without solution and that everything will be okay before 2days.

    He cast the spell and surprisingly on the second day, my husband called me,I was so surprised,I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him,He also said he loved me so much,I was so happy and he comes back to me that was how we started living together happily again,I'm so much happy I found help in Dr KADUKA,The great spellcaster his email is kadukatemple@gmail.com contact him for help, You can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case. Or WhatApp him on +393511406759
    1) Love Spell
    2) Lost Love Spell
    3) Divorce Spell
    4) Marriage Spell
    5) Binding Spell.
    6) Breakup Spell & Sickness or Diseases of any kind,spell
    7) Banish a past Lover
    8.) You want to be promoted in your office/ Lottery spell
    9) want to satisfy your lover & Money spell,...Contact this Great Man, if you are having any problem for a lasting solution through "kadukatemple@gmail.com"...This Great Man is doing a very wonderful job(helping people's restored & reunite Marriages/Relationships all over the world.

    ReplyDelete